chris chris at ca.afilias.info
Mon Aug 10 15:00:58 PDT 2009
Cyril Scetbon <cscetbon.ext at orange-ftgroup.com> writes:
> Alan Hodgson a écrit :
>> On Monday 10 August 2009, Cyril Scetbon
>> <cscetbon.ext at orange-ftgroup.com> wrote:
>>
>>> However, when slony is started with pg 8.3 it does not see new events
>>> from his provider (still in pg8.3).
>>> If we restart our pg 8.2 with slony it works !
>>>
>>> Do you know what we are missing ?
>>>
>>> thx
>>>

>> You need to modify all the table and sequence OIDs stored in the
>> slony configuration tables to reflect the new table and sequence
>> OIDs.
>>
> I don't think oids are used and table id were not modified

No, Alan's quite right.

If you look at sl_table and sl_sequence, you'll find "reloid" columns,
which are indeed relevant.

>> You need to update the slony functions through the appropriate slon
>> commands.
>>
> really ?

The slonik "repair config" command should be useful.

<http://main.slony.info/documentation/stmtrepairconfig.html>

"Resets the name-to-oid mapping of tables in a replication set, useful
for restoring a node after a pg_dump."
--
output = ("cbbrowne" "@" "ca.afilias.info")
<http://dba2.int.libertyrms.com/>