David Rees drees76 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 13:43:32 PDT 2008
On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 11:15 AM, Jason Culverhouse
<jason at merchantcircle.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am about to perform an upgrade from 1.1.5 to 1.2.15 as part of a migration
> to postgres 8.3.
> I have a question about the upgrade functions script.
>
> If I have 3 nodes in my cluster 10,20,30 can Do I just run one slonik script
> on a node
>
> {{{
> cluster name = my_cluster;
> node 10 admin conninfo='host=slony10 dbname=foo user=postgres port=5432';
> node 20 admin conninfo='host=slony20 dbname=foo user=postgres port=5432';
> node 30 admin conninfo='host=slony30 dbname=foo user=postgres port=5432';
>
> update functions (id = 10);
> update functions (id = 20);
> update functions (id = 30);
> }}}

FWIW, I always use the slonik_* scripts to manage my clusters, and
generates a script like the above and always works just fine. So I
would suggest using that. I believe that slonik will go and connect to
each node as appropriate to apply the updates.

-Dave