Jason Culverhouse jason at merchantcircle.com
Mon Sep 22 11:15:06 PDT 2008
Hi,
I am about to perform an upgrade from 1.1.5 to 1.2.15 as part of a
migration to postgres 8.3.
I have a question about the upgrade functions script.

If I have 3 nodes in my cluster 10,20,30 can Do I just run one slonik
script on a node

{{{
cluster name = my_cluster;
node 10 admin conninfo='host=slony10 dbname=foo user=postgres
port=5432';
node 20 admin conninfo='host=slony20 dbname=foo user=postgres
port=5432';
node 30 admin conninfo='host=slony30 dbname=foo user=postgres
port=5432';

update functions (id = 10);
update functions (id = 20);
update functions (id = 30);
}}}

Or do I run 3,one on each node with the update functions for that node
only.
{{{

cluster name = my_cluster;
node 10 admin conninfo='host=slony10 dbname=foo user=postgres
port=5432';
node 20 admin conninfo='host= slony20 dbname=foo user=postgres
port=5432';
node 30 admin conninfo='host= slony30 dbname=foo user=postgres
port=5432';

update functions (id = 10);
}}}

etc... for 20 and 30