Aaron Brown abrown at bzzagent.com
Mon Sep 22 12:43:56 PDT 2008
List,

I have a large table (16 million rows), that I need to pull out of
replication, do some munging, and then rereplicate (in a new set) as part of
a release.  To explain better, the process will be to drop the table (which
is in set 2) from replication, run a large stored procedure that munges the
data, then rereplicate the table by adding it to a new set (set 12).  The
subscribers obviously truncate the table and rereplicate the entire table.
This process works fine.

The catch here is that we have a remote log shipped node off of one of the
subscribers.  I know the schema changes themselves do not propagate.  What
I=B9m unclear on is whether or not the log shipping archive files will cont=
ain
the TRUNCATE and COPY statements to recreate this table, or if I will have
to do something (like recreate the remote node from scratch) to make that
happen? =

Thanks =AD any help you can provide is appreciated.  If you need more
specifics or configs, please let me know.

Aaron