Raghav ragavendra.dba at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 01:16:56 PDT 2013

> **
>
> Is there a Hard Rule that the Slony versions must be 100% exact at all
> times, or can a Target Node be at a newer subversion ahead of the Master
> and still run.

AFAIK, Slony-I need exact version on both the node's.
Because upgrading a node to newer version will do changes to slony_func.so
file where it should match the version with the other replicating nodes
else it will break. Below link has a comment after the upgrade steps as " If
there is any mismatch between component versions, the
slon<http://main.slony.info/documentation/2.1/slon.html> will
refuse to start up, which provides protection against corruption."

http://main.slony.info/documentation/2.1/slonyupgrade.html

For your other questions, hopefully you will see some answer's here.

--
Regards
Raghav