Christopher Browne cbbrowne at afilias.info
Tue May 22 10:52:54 PDT 2012
On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 1:40 PM, Shaun McCloud <smccloud at geo-comm.com> wrote:
> Ok,
>
> I will do more research using that method.  I was planning on allowing a user to run the app on the Master node and each slave node to allow then to add one slave at a time (due to the fact that we must maintain 100% uptime in the event of a schema change).  That shouldn't be an issue when using Slonik directly, correct?

Everything that can be configured can certainly be configured using
Slonik; its use shouldn't restrict you in any additional ways.

I don't imagine you can actually get "100% uptime," but that's a
broader issue not particularly relevant to this.  There are some
actions that are likely to lead to some locking of database objects
(see the Slony documentation; each Slonik command has a section
describing locking implications) that would effectively lower uptime
from 100%.