Vick Khera vivek at khera.org
Tue Nov 30 08:06:12 PST 2010
On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 6:36 AM, Emma Lovatt
<emma.lovatt at ticketline.co.uk> wrote:

You say "replication is breaking". Please describe your symptoms
exactly.  Nobody can offer you help without knowing exactly what you
observe.  Also include details on what system you have and what
versions of your OS, Postgres, and slony you are running.

My first guess based on zero information is that someone ran a schema
alteration without running it through the slonik EXECUTE SCRIPT
command.

> Our entire database is encoding SQL_ASCII.  I found that there may be a
> possibility that the bytea column is not  replicating and it is due to the
> encoding of the database which is SQL_ASCII could anyone confirm this?

this is incorrect.  bytea columns replicate just fine.

> My second question relates to my first if I cannot replicate my bytea
> column, I would like to know if it is possible to only replicate parts of a
> table and miss out certain columns, is this possible?

no.  the minimal unit of replication is the table.