Aleksey Tsalolikhin atsaloli.tech at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 08:06:00 PST 2010
Replication lag is present (and growing) again after resync.  Help!

We do use check_postgres.pl, thanks, Brian, that's how we noticed the problem.

I've reviewed http://www.slony.info/documentation/1.2/loganalysis.html,
thanks, Steve; there are no ERROR messages on the slon slave or
master, only DEBUG.

There is one interesting DEBUG message on the master, and I could not
find it in loganalysis.html:  "calc sync size", and the ideal is often
larger than the proposed, example:  (ideal: 14, proposed: 3)

DEBUG2 remoteListenThread_2: queue event 2,2659 SYNC
DEBUG2 remoteWorkerThread_2: Received event 2,2659 SYNC
DEBUG2 calc sync size - last time: 1 last length: 4152 ideal: 14
proposed size: 3
DEBUG2 remoteWorkerThread_2: SYNC 2659 processing
DEBUG2 remoteWorkerThread_2: no sets need syncing for this event

another example:  (ideal 11, proposed 5)

DEBUG2 remoteListenThread_2: UNLISTEN
DEBUG2 remoteWorkerThread_2: Received event 2,2667 SYNC
DEBUG2 calc sync size - last time: 2 last length: 10008 ideal: 11
proposed size: 5
DEBUG2 remoteWorkerThread_2: SYNC 2667 processing
DEBUG2 remoteWorkerThread_2: no sets need syncing for this event
DEBUG2 localListenThread: Received event 1,14742 SYNC

Would suboptimal sync size influence replication time?

What else can I do to analyze and resolve this problem, please?