Lorenzo Bolzani l.bolzani at gmail.com
Mon May 31 07:43:45 PDT 2010
Hi, thanks all for the replies.

If I can take advantage of your expertise in this field, how would you
handle this scenario?

Each installation is upgraded on it's own without any specific order.
Upgrading all the three plants at once is not an option, so schemas
sometimes will be slightly different.

I'm considering to use a message exchange like this

<column name=""/>

and then process each message in a custom "apply" method custom written for
each slave plant. But I fee a LOT like I'm reinventing the wheel.

I cannot use any complex tool for data migration because there is not, nor
there will be, the expertise for it and 99% of the differences should be
trivial.

For very complex schema changes I think some different strategy coud be
evaluated. In these cases I think a "data-migration only" upgrade could be
considered.

Thanks, bye

Lorenzo