Melvin Davidson melvin6925 at yahoo.com
Mon May 31 06:38:14 PDT 2010
>Can slony be used if the slave schemas are slightly different from the
master one?

The short simple answer is no.

For slony to work correctly, all versions of slony on master and slaves must be the same version. But most important, slony _cannot_ handle missing columns. That is specifically stated in the Current Limitations section. Slony-I does not automatically
propagate schema changes, nor
does it have any ability to replicate large objects.
http://slony.info/documentation/slonyintro.html#INTRODUCTION

It is your responsibility to insure that all schemas are identical. That is why EXECUTE SCRIPT is used to maintain the changes.
http://slony.info/documentation/stmtddlscript.html

You do have the option of only replicating tables that are identical across all schemas, but I doubt that would be of help to you in this scenario.

Melvin Davidson