Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Mon Aug 16 10:12:08 PDT 2010
> Triggers on the table may still need to fire; they certainly did, on the
> origin, and they may also need to, on subscribers.
>
> How would you propose to configure a determination that sometimes the
> tuple can be ignored silently, and sometimes the update still needs to
> take place?

(Surely triggers firing is the exception not the rule for subscribers).

As a first-shot proposal, I'd have a config to set this at the Slony
global level, defaulting to the current behavior, and allowing people
to turn on this optimization with the understanding that replica
triggers will NOT fire reliably if this is turned on.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
End Point Corporation
PGP Key: 0x14964AC8