Stuart Bishop stuart at stuartbishop.net
Wed Aug 26 06:07:30 PDT 2009
2009/8/26 Han He <hansfly at gmail.com>:

> I encounter a problem when using slony. I had a transaction that updated
> both table A and table B. This is atomic transaction. While slony is doing
> the replication, on parent, the transaction is done, on slave node, there
> might exists error which cause the transaction error. That’s to say, on
> slave node, table A is updated while table B is not updated. This will cause
> problem to our application. Is there any way in slony to keep the
> transaction atomic?

If table A and table B are in the same replication set, the update is
atomic on the slave node too.

Of course, if this situation does happen (lack of disk space for
instance), replication stops and your slave lags until you fix the
problem.

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart at stuartbishop.net>
http://www.stuartbishop.net/