Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Tue Apr 28 09:33:16 PDT 2009
Joseph S <jks at selectacast.net> writes:
> Christopher Browne wrote:
>> We are pleased to make a new major release of Slony-I available,
>> version 2.0.0.
>>
>> It incorporates numerous enhancements and bug fixes contributed over
>> the last year or so.
>>
>> A *major* change is that it is only compatible with PostgreSQL 8.3 and
>> newer versions.
> The documentation has not caught up.  It refers to pre 8.3 versions in
> places, in particular on the requirements page.

I have done some modifications to the documentation; it waffles a bit,
intentionally, because I'm not particularly interested in maintaining
multiple "trees" of documentation.  It will continue to mention
pre-8.3 versions of PostgreSQL, but certainly does indicate that 2.0
requires 8.3+.
--
"cbbrowne","@","cbbrowne.com"
http://cbbrowne.com/info/unix.html