cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Fri Sep 19 17:02:52 PDT 2008
> On Fri, 2008-09-19 at 19:43 +0300, Lukas wrote:
>> Hello once again,

>> it
>> >
>> > Add an explicit event node.
>>
>>  Can you be more detailed?
>
> Several Slonik commands assume the there is a node 1 and and try to send
> the event through that.  If you don't have a node 1, the command will
> fail.  These commands give you the option to specify a different node to
> send the event through (event node).  Specify a node that you do have in
> the cluster and it should work.
>
> This is in the docs for the STORE NODE command, btw:
> http://www.slony.info/documentation/stmtstorenode.html

That's certainly the right place to go for documentation.

Brad's comments describe things for versions 1.0 thru 1.2; in 2.0, for
commands that need an event node, it is no longer optional to specify it.
If you do not indicate an event node, the slonik command will complain as
shown above, and fail, as shown.

This should make things generally more predictable.  Specifying an event
node becomes a little more "in your face;" it won't sometimes magically
work, so you won't get used to that, and be surprised when you don't have
a node #1, and things fail.