Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Wed Sep 3 07:42:22 PDT 2008
Vivek Khera <vivek at khera.org> writes:
> I had a replication going from node 4 to 2 to 1. I did a drop node for node 1. It is disappeared from everywhere except sl_status. The log for
> slon on node 1 showed it was dropped and the slon exited. How can I clear the status line? I already restarted the other slons, but that didn't
> clear it.
>
> How to proceed?

It's going to continue to exist as long as node #1 is still present in
sl_confirm and sl_event.

Now, the drop_node event purges out the relevant sl_confirm/sl_event
data, but just on each node locally.  If there are events/confirms on
other nodes, I expect they'd still get pulled over.

I have seen this condition happen before; the next time the cleanup
thread trimmed out old events & confirmations, that resolved the
matter.

In v2.0, you could do this expressly by running cleanupEvent by hand,
as it has been moved over into the stored functions, rather than being
embedded tightly into the C code.

If you take a look in sl_event/sl_confirm, you'll probably find some
old events and confirmations lingering around.  It's pretty safe to
trim out confirmations for nodes that are gone.
--
select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'linuxfinances.info';
http://linuxfinances.info/info/internet.html