"Stéphane A. Schildknecht" stephane.schildknecht at postgresqlfr.org
Thu Jan 17 07:08:43 PST 2008
Christopher Browne a écrit :
> Glyn Astill <glynastill at yahoo.co.uk> writes:
>> I set up a replication cluster using the pgAdmin scripts, and added a
>> replication set with some tables and sequences in it (table /sequence
>> Ids 1 - 4). I've kept the Id numbers the same as the table Ids.
>>
>> Then I added another set (Id 2), and added a table and a sequence
>> with Id 5.
>>
>> In my slony log I get the error:
>>
>> "remoteWorkerThread_1: node -1 not found in runtime configuration"
>>
>> Does anyone know what causes the error above? I've read that it
>> indicates slony had a problem at a point whilst subscribing so it
>> flipped the node number to -1 to stop any further steps happening,
>> however this doesn't help me track down what caused it.
>
> Hmm.  I wonder if node -1 is the virtual one that pgAdmin hacks into
> place as a place to store path information for slonik-like activity...
>
> This seems like something to ask the pgAdmin guys about...

I'm afraid it is not PgAdmin related. In fact, we encountered the same
situation here, and I never used PgAdmin to administrate my nodes.

What we did was to add a new set to an existing replication with 4
tables in it. Subscription went well on some node, but it fails on one
node with same message as above (node -1...).

Regards,

--
Stéphane SCHILDKNECHT
Président de PostgreSQLFr