John Fansler John.Fansler at ateb.com
Fri Jan 11 11:07:19 PST 2008
Hey,

If I set the log_level=2, the number of events generated by slony in the
windows application event log overruns most anything else that may be
logging to that event log. Roughly every 10 seconds (my poll interval)
slony generates around 14 events to that log file.

I'm new to slony, but thought I read that log_level=2 is a good level to
monitor with. If so, it would be nice to be able to tell slony to log to
a "Slony" windows event log instead of the "Application" windows event
log. That way the number of events from Slony wouldn't impact tracing
anything from other applications that use the application windows event
log.

Please let me know if I'm still not clear or if there is another
recommendation for handling this!

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide,

-john