Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Mon Feb 18 13:19:59 PST 2008
Geoffrey <lists at serioustechnology.com> writes:
> I want to make sure I have a good handle on this issue.  We currently
> have a master/slave configuration.  In the event the slave must be
> rebooted, what are the proper steps to insure that slony picks up from
> where it left off.
>
> What we are currently doing is simply restart the slon daemons for
> each database.

That seems apropos.

> For the most part this appears to work, but what concerns me is that
> I have one table on one database where the number of records on the
> master node has not increased in a while and the slave does not
> appear to be 'trying to catch up.'  That is to say, the slave has
> fewer records in that table then the master and the slave table is
> not growing.

Well, then "get thee to the slon logs..."

-> Do they indicate, for the subscriber, that errors are being experienced?

-> Do they indicate that SYNCs are being processed, and data applied?

-> Is the subscriber in question behind (according to the view
   sl_status) by an increasing amount of time?

Error messages in the slon logs should give some idea of what is going on.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="cbbrowne.com" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://linuxfinances.info/info/advocacy.html