Jeff Frost jeff at frostconsultingllc.com
Tue Apr 8 13:29:00 PDT 2008
On Tue, 8 Apr 2008, salman wrote:

>> The answer is unfortunately, still no.  So, your upgraded server will
>> become node 3 and if that's going to be the new master and you want it to
>> be node 1, the only way to do this is tear down replication and reinstall
>> the cluster with different node IDs.
>>

> Ugh. So any existing scripts and/or cron jobs would have to be modified and
> tested, again, to make sure they work. I was hoping such a base feature would
> be in there and I just missed it while going through the docs page, but I
> guess not.

I know, it's definitely a drag.  One thing you can do is use the define
command to give meaningful names to everything:

http://slony.info/documentation/stmtdefine.html

You can put that stuff in your included preamble (you are using an included
preamble, right?) and then refer to the nodes my name instaed of node id.

I think if the default event node wasn't always 1, but in fact the current
master, then things would be less painful when you end up with a master that
isn't node id 1.

--
Jeff Frost, Owner 	<jeff at frostconsultingllc.com>
Phone: 650-780-7908	FAX: 650-649-1954