Menno Spaans slony at someones.net
Thu Oct 4 03:27:08 PDT 2007
Hi,

I'm trying to build a setup in which I have 2 hosts (nodes), which
both have a master and a slave database. The idea is that they cross
replicate to each other. See the ascii graph below:

  +--------------------+            +--------------------+
  |                    |            |                    |
  |  +--------------+  | cl_1.set1? |  +--------------+  |
  |  | slo_mas_db_1 |--|------------|->| slo_sla_db_1 |  |
  |  +--------------+  |            |  +--------------+  |
  |  | table1       |  |            |  | table1       |  |
  |  | table2       |  |            |  | table2       |  |
  |  +--------------+  |            |  +--------------+  |
  |                    |            |                    |
  |  +--------------+  | cl_2.set1? |  +--------------+  |
  |  | slo_sla_db_2 |<-|------------|--| slo_mas_db_2 |  |
  |  +--------------+  |            |  +--------------+  |
  |  | table1       |  |            |  | table1       |  |
  |  | table2       |  |            |  | table2       |  |
  |  +--------------+  |            |  +--------------+  |
  |                    |            |                    |
  |      Host 1        |            |      Host 2        |
  +--------------------+            +--------------------+

I'm using slony version 1.2.9 with postgres 8.1.
The first replication set works like a charm, but I can get slony to do
the second replication set.

I'm completely new to slony, so if I missed something in the
documentation about this please point me to right place.

Can anyone tell me if I'm trying something which simply isn't
possible or that I'm overlooking something.

If more info is needed please shout.

Thanks in advance,

--
 Greetings,