JP Fletcher jpfletch at ca.afilias.info
Tue Oct 2 14:16:08 PDT 2007
Hi,

I'm experimenting with logshipping (v.1.2.11) and am using, for the
first time, the option in the slon conf file:

command_on_logarchive

I created a shell script that this command calls which applies syncs
archives after they are written:

command_on_logarchive="/opt/clusters/cluster1_slony/archive/apply_archive.sh"

My cluster has four nodes, not counting the log shipped replica, 8141,
8142, 8143, and 8194.  Node 8194 is the provider to the logshipped node,
so I only configured 'command_on_logarchive' for the slon servicing this
node, my assumption is that this is correct.  Nodes 8143, and 8141 are
origins for sets.

When I started things up, everything appeared to be fine.  The slon
successfully applied 37 archives, each originating on either node 8141
or 8143.  The 38th archive, however, and several subsequent archives
originated on node 8142.  The slon made no attempt to apply these
archives.  This left the archive counter  on 37.  The next archive the
slon attempted to apply was from node 8143, and  expected the  archive
counter to be on 48, which of course it was not, and everything went
pear-shaped.   I have three questions:

1.  Should I have expected the command_on_logarchive option to work, and
if so, did i do something wrong?

2.  Why does the slon not try to apply archives from node8142?

3.  Why are there archives from a node that is not active (no events
should have originated on 8142, and no archive files exist for the other
non-origin node)?

--

JP Fletcher
Database Administrator