Steve Singer ssinger_pg at sympatico.ca
Wed Mar 21 20:34:02 PDT 2007
On Wed, 21 Mar 2007, Sven Willenberger wrote:

> The other issue with DDL scripts is that they do not honor SET
> subscription members; certain portions of the sequence of events during
> a DDL execute attempt actions on nodes not part of the affected SET.
>
> http://lists.slony.info/pipermail/slony1-general/2007-January/005687.html
>
> If we are examining the execute only portion of the code, perhaps we
> could also check the SET parameters ...

Glancing through the code it looks like ddlscript_int had this filtering in
1.1 branch so that it didn't execute the script on a node that wasn't
subscribed to the set.

In 1.2 the script gets parsed into individual statements and parsed by
remote_worker which doesn't seem to consider if the node is a subscriber to
the set or not.  Was this just an oversight or did someone have a reason for
requiring the execute script to run on non-subscriber nodes?

If we can't think of a reason for only executing the script on nodes that
subscribe to the set, then I will work on a replacement patch to get slonik
to connect directly to the target when using only_on_node in the next few
days.

Steve