Andrew Hammond andrew.george.hammond at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 10:34:51 PST 2007
So, I'm reading the slon documentation while waiting for stuff to
compile and these things jump out at me.

1) Debug level lists 8 levels of logging as error through debug4 and
then gives a numeric example. If it's a numeric log level, why aren't
there numbers beside the text labels?

Also, this disagrees with the run-time config docs which say that
log_level can be from 0 to 4. The difference should be explained.

2) Debug level suggest a log level of 2 (WARN) and says this is "a
routine, and, seemingly preferable choice". This is not what
experience has demonstrated. As I recall we ran all logging at debug1
since higher levels proved insufficient for troubleshooting. It seems
reasonable to recommend debug1 for production systems where
troubleshooting capabilities are required.

3) There is no listed default for the -c option (should be 3).

Andrew

P.S. I went to www.slony1.info to see if I could find a bug reporting
tool there, but no luck. I always used to just heckle Chris across the
cubicles, but it's a little far to do that now.