Andrew Sullivan ajs at crankycanuck.ca
Mon Jun 18 07:32:38 PDT 2007
On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 08:18:59AM -0500, Jeff Amiel wrote:
> I have 2 nodes subscribed to a single master.
> One of them had some issues at one point, and while new events appear to
> be replicating at the moment, there are somehow gaps in the dataset.

The situation you describe should be _impossible_.  If it has
happened, we sure want to know why.  Did you do anything else during
these issues?  What were the issues anyway?

> Should I just unsubscribe the node, clear the data (back to the schema
> only) and then re-subscribe it?  (I shudder to think how long that might
> take).

I'm afraid that's the only thing to do, yes.  If some sets were lost,
then there's effectively no way to know what's good and bad on the
replica.  It'd be cheaper just to rebuild it than to try to compare
everything.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs at crankycanuck.ca
In the future this spectacle of the middle classes shocking the avant-
garde will probably become the textbook definition of Postmodernism.
                --Brad Holland