Andrew Hammond andrew.george.hammond at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 15:20:21 PDT 2007
On 4/20/07, Gavin Hamill <gdh at laterooms.com> wrote:

> What I really wanted to know is... why does read-only node 2 care what
> read-only node 3 is doing? I must surely be able to remove 80% of the
> listens
> and associated acknowledgment overhead?

Because subscribers are not read-only. They have the ability to be promoted
to origin status. If you don't ever intend to promote a node, you can set
forward=3Dfalse for it's subscription and achieve some savings on the node =
(by
not storing log info).

If you want subscribers that really don't cost any extra to the cluster,
have you considered sl log shipping?

Andrew