Gavin Hamill gdh at laterooms.com
Fri Apr 20 11:13:43 PDT 2007
Hi :)

We have a Slony 1.2.9 system involving 6 nodes. All the replication sets are
originated on one 'master' machine. Given this, each of the 5 'slave' nodes
have listen paths to each of the others, via node 1.

Here's the first half of sl_listen:

li_origin, li_provider, li_receiver
"1";"1";"2"
"1";"1";"3"
"1";"1";"4"
"1";"1";"5"
"1";"1";"6"
"2";"1";"3"
"2";"1";"4"
"2";"1";"5"
"2";"1";"6"
"2";"2";"1"
"3";"1";"2"
"3";"1";"4"
"3";"1";"5"

What I really wanted to know is... why does read-only node 2 care what
read-only node 3 is doing? I must surely be able to remove 80% of the listens
and associated acknowledgment overhead?

If so, is there a safe way of doing this (i.e. not removing rows from
sl_listen on each node manually) ?

Apologies if this is covered in the docs; I must have missed it :(

Cheers,
Gavin.