User Marc marc
Tue Sep 19 08:58:28 PDT 2006
On Tue, 19 Sep 2006, Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> The infrastructure for both pgFoundry and gborg -- not to mention the
> entire postgresql infrastructure -- seems to be subject to certain
> single points of failure.  The only proposal I have seen to do anything
> about that is to add another person, who will be available only for
> emergencies.

'k, wait, I think there is a misunderstanding on this point ...

Dave Page will have full root access to all of my servers ... as far as
'emergencies' are concerned, I would expect that every effort to reach me
is performed, mainly because, as Dave pointed out, I know my servers, and
am comfortable with working with them remotely, as well as the techs in
Panama ...

I'm not 100% certain, out side of 'emergencies', what Dave would need to
do ... but, I haven't set any 'limits' on him as to what he can or cannot
do with the vServers, or the servers in general ...