Andrew Sullivan ajs
Wed Nov 29 09:20:07 PST 2006
On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 11:37:50AM -0500, Vivek Khera wrote:
> loathe to learn yet another tool... and yes, that sounds like
> "everyone else is doing it..."  if we are to switch, i'd prefer svn
> simply for the reason that it is widely known and used in many OS
> projects and is very similar to the way things are now with CVS.

That's, to me, the reason to avoid some of the more obscure systems,
even if they are better in some technical sense.  This is the same
reason, in the absence of a bunch of LISP geniuses, I would not
advocate writing things in LISP.  Or whatever.  The most useful tool
is the tool you know and that will do the job, and that goes as well
for source control as for database systems or languages or operating
systems.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs at crankycanuck.ca
If they don't do anything, we don't need their acronym.
		--Josh Hamilton, on the US FEMA