Ujwal S. Setlur uvsetlur
Tue Mar 21 23:32:14 PST 2006

--- Rod Taylor <pg at rbt.ca> wrote:

> On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 08:35 -0800, Ujwal S. Setlur
> wrote:
> > I tried tuning a bunch fof things, but the
> subscriber
> > never did catch up, so I restarted replication
> from
> > scratch. Make me a little nervous...
>
> Chris,
>
> I don't recall whether Slony would scale up the
> group size automatically
> to a large transaction boundary if a normal group
> was smaller than the
> largest transaction size in the time period it is
> covering.
>
> Ujwal,
>
> If not, bumping up the group size to a setting of
> several thousand, -g
> 10000 is standard operation here, it can catch it up
> in a hurry.

I tried using 10,000 for "g", and it did not help. I
did restart the replication from start with a "g" of
100, and it had caught up overnight, and it seems to
be going OK.

Regarding Vivek's comment, yes, I do need to put some
monitoring in place. This is still a Development
system, and I am trying to figure out where I need to
pay some special attention.

Thanks,

Ujwal