Mark Adan markadan
Wed Jun 14 13:27:54 PDT 2006
Hi

Again, I'm new at this.  I think I'm ok as long as slony knows about the
new table before any rows are added in the master database

As for the second part, I had to cast some of my parameters to match the
setaddtable signature.  Thanks for your help

Regards

Mark Adan

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Sullivan [mailto:ajs at crankycanuck.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 12:32
To: Mark Adan
Cc: Andrew Sullivan; slony1-general at gborg.postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [Slony1-general] Good examples of calling slony
storedprocedures

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 11:38:37AM -0700, Mark Adan wrote:
> Because in our system, calling the slony PL/PGSQL stored procedures
> would be easier.  What I'm trying to do is to add a new table at the
> same time our system automatically creates one.  What our system will
do

You realise that adding a new table to slony is going to cause things
to block, while the table insert gets added in the right spot of the
snapshot, right?  That is, adding a table to slony is not a
non-blocking operation, unlike in PostgreSQL.

> ERROR:  function _slony_cluster.setaddtable(integer, integer, name,
> integer, text) does not exist

Is there such a function?

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs at crankycanuck.ca
This work was visionary and imaginative, and goes to show that visionary
and imaginative work need not end up well.
		--Dennis Ritchie