Andrew Sullivan ajs
Wed Jun 14 12:32:23 PDT 2006
On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 11:38:37AM -0700, Mark Adan wrote:
> Because in our system, calling the slony PL/PGSQL stored procedures
> would be easier.  What I'm trying to do is to add a new table at the
> same time our system automatically creates one.  What our system will do

You realise that adding a new table to slony is going to cause things
to block, while the table insert gets added in the right spot of the
snapshot, right?  That is, adding a table to slony is not a
non-blocking operation, unlike in PostgreSQL.

> ERROR:  function _slony_cluster.setaddtable(integer, integer, name,
> integer, text) does not exist

Is there such a function?

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs at crankycanuck.ca
This work was visionary and imaginative, and goes to show that visionary
and imaginative work need not end up well.
		--Dennis Ritchie