Thomas Pundt mlists
Fri Dec 8 01:35:26 PST 2006
Hi St?phane,

On Friday 08 December 2006 10:11, St?phane Schildknecht wrote:
| I read in documentation that dumping a slave is a really bad option as
| slony1 modifies the catalog systems.

You can always remove the Slony1 specific functions, schema, triggers and
restore the system to the "original" state. But yes, doing this on the
master is much easier.

| Knowing that, I guess backups have to be done on the master.  But, what
| would be the risks to dump database on the slave without dumping the
| slony replication schema?

Don't do that. Removing the Slony1 schemas from the master should be as
easy as running "drop schema _<schema_name> cascade". I have done this
several times and yet not encountered a problem.

The other option is to use a simple slonik script here that calls "uninstall
node".

| Is it indeed possible to dump the database without including the
| replication schema (neither on slave or master)? Would that give me a
| fully usable dump?

Ciao,
Thomas

--