Daniel Hanks dhanks
Tue May 24 23:52:09 PDT 2005
Hi there,

I'm trying to build Slony as an rpm as a non-root user using the spec
provided in the tarball, but am running into things in the build like

make[2]: Entering directory
`/home/user/rpm/BUILD/slony1-1.1.0.beta5/doc/concept'
/bin/sh /home/user/rpm/BUILD/slony1-1.1.0.beta5/config/mkinstalldirs
/usr/bin/concept
mkdir -p -- /usr/bin/concept
mkdir: cannot create directory `/usr/bin/concept': Permission denied
make[2]: *** [installdirs] Error 1

Even though DESTDIR is used in make install. So it seems the docs install
isn't honoring DESTDIR. As a matter of principle I don't build rpms as
root for this very reason - so I don't end up actually installing
something as a result of just building an rpm.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

-- Dan

Dan Hanks
Sysadmin / DBA
United Online, Mega Web Services division