Vivek Khera vivek
Tue May 24 19:35:21 PDT 2005
I'm about to start getting the slony-I 1.1 port ready for freebsd's
package system.  I have a concern about the upgrade process.  In
freebsd, the port system first removes the old package, then installs
the new one when doing an upgrade.  What will happen to the PG
backend if a new one is forked during the window where there is no
slony objects installed?  I suspect it will fail to load the
necessary objects... or is it already pre-loaded when the postmaster
forks the child for the new connection?

I'd like to be able to support an upgrade while the system continues
to run, particularly on the origin servers.   how does the RPM for
redhat handle this?

Vivek Khera, Ph.D.
+1-301-869-4449 x806