David Parker dparker
Sun May 1 21:24:18 PDT 2005
This is probably a crazy question, but is there ANY WAY that records can
be left in pg_listener after the process that called LISTEN has exited?

I'm getting an error sometimes where my slon will not start because it
finds a $CLUSTERNAME_Restart record already in pg_listener, but I don't
have any slons running on the machine. Obviously I must have a rogue
slon ("rogue slon" sounds like a band....) somewhere in my network that
is connecting to my db, but I have searched thus far in vain for such a
creature.

So I thought I would stick my head out of the funhouse for a moment and
ask people out in the world if they have ever seen this behavior with
slony, or if any of the postgres gurus on the list know of any situation
in which a pg_listener record could get left lying around.

Thanks.

- DAP
David Parker    Tazz Networks    (401) 709-5130