Andreas Pflug pgadmin
Wed Jul 27 17:37:20 PDT 2005
Christopher Browne wrote:

>"Andy" <frum at ar-sd.net> writes:
>

>>Thank you all for replying.
>>
>>At least I have a better image about my "problem"... it really becomes
>>a big one :(.
>>
>>I looked also over other replication systems, but the problems still
>>remains open.
>>

>Yes, this indicates that there is room for someone to implement an
>asynchronous multimaster replication system with conflict resolution.

Better than conflict resolution is conflict avoidance. This is dependent
on the application, and might work if separate number/id spaces for all
objects may be defined. Situations as described will always need adapted
apps and organizational prerequisites. Multimaster replication with
conflict resolution is much of an illusion (... for any database system.
Difference to pgsql is other rdbms' marketing people can lie better :-)

Regards,
Andreas