Ian Burrell ianburrell
Tue Jul 26 21:32:16 PDT 2005
On 7/26/05, Sun.betty <alanxzq at yahoo.com.cn> wrote:

> but when I want to download patch from cvs , I befall question
> at command line do it :
> cvs
> -d:pserver:anonymous at gborg.postgresql.org:/usr/local/cvsroot/slony1
> login
> Logging in to
> :pserver:anonymous at gborg.postgresql.org:2401/usr/local/cvsroot/slony1
> CVS password:
> Unknown host gborg.postgresql.org.

This likely a problem with your DNS.  gborg.postgresql.org is reachable by me.

> Use wincvs do it :
> cvs -d
> :pserver:anonymous at gborg.postgresql.org:/usr/local/cvsroot/slony1
> login
> Logging in to
> :pserver:anonymous at gborg.postgresql.org:2401:/usr/local/cvsroot/slony1
> ***** CVS exited normally with code 0 *****
> cvs checkout -P /usr/local/cvsroot/slony1 (in directory D:\log)
> cvs [server aborted]: Absolute module reference invalid:
> `/usr/local/cvsroot/slony1'
> cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
> any)
> ***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

The checkout statement is wrong.  It should look like:

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at gborg.postgresql.org:2401:/usr/local/cvsroot/slony1
co slony1-engine

If WinCVS is generating the wrong command, then it is a bug in WinCVS
or CVSNT.  Try the latest version.

> fixed bug patch is or not at "Slony-I 1.1.0 Available " here download
> package ? if can ?
> maybe pack package email for me ! Thanks very much !

The maintainers could make a 1.1.1 release.

 - Ian