Dave Page dpage
Tue Jul 5 08:23:40 PDT 2005

As I just posted in another message, given that there is not sl_ctl at
the moment, my preference would be too simply incorporate the service
control code directly into slon, which is probably actually easier than
keeping it separate. If an sl_ctl is created for other purposes though,
I would not object to us putting our service code in it instead.

> Amongst the useful features would include:
>
>  - Using the option that specifies a PID file, thereby
> meaning you have
>    a clear way of getting at the PID
>
>  - Having an option to indicate that config should be stored in a
>    "slon.conf" file
>
>  - Control over logging...

Can these issues not be resolved fairly easily in Slon anyway?

Regards, Dave.