Niels Breet postgres
Thu Dec 15 10:46:20 PST 2005
> The announcement of the 1.1.5 release candidates asked the packagers to
> check for packaging issues.  Here are my notes:

*SNIP*

> - Finding pg_config doesn't work quite as I'd wish.  If I specify
> --with-pgconfigdir, then configure should fail if it's not there, and it
> should not search other locations.  (With multiple PG versions installed,
> this can easily lead to tears.)  I have attached a simple patch for this,
>  which you may want to rewrite to be more portable shell-wise.

fixed in -HEAD

> - configure looks for plpgsql.so during the build but does not actually
> need it during the build.  This is a bit annoying as it requires you to
> install the server package when you don't need it.

fixed in -HEAD

> - Patch to disable the search for postgresql.conf.sample

fixed in -HEAD

> - Patch to disable rpath

fixed in -HEAD

> Anyway, I think the two critical issues are finding the right pg_config
> and the failing documentation build (which worked a few weeks ago I
> think...).

I made all these fixes in -HEAD and wanted to backport them to the -STABLE
tree. But due to timeconstraints, I didn't have time to do that in time.
Devrim also asked me not to port them as it would require quite a few
changes to his rpm packaging script and he also didn't have the time for it.

- Niels