cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info cbbrowne
Sun Dec 11 00:56:26 PST 2005
>> I expect that there is a greater risk that this would have painful
>> side-effects, as changes to the buildsystem affect everyone doing
>> packaging.  Again, Devrim is probably the one most directly affected, so
>> if he gets anxious about a proposed patch, that would be the source of
>> the go/no-go...
>
> I talked to Devrim on IRC about this and decided not to backport the
> changes.

Excellent.  (Well, arguably "unfortunate"!)

It's good, at least, that this matter shouldn't throw up any last minute
"red flags."  I know Devrim has had reason to be irritated at the time of
some past releases.

It really points to the notion that we ought to consider whether or not we
have everything we really desire for a 1.2 release, and start to try to
get that to materialize.

I was really hoping for a move to pgFoundry to be a 1.2 thing; that
doesn't seem to be happening fast :-(.