Ed L. pgsql
Tue Sep 21 23:46:08 PDT 2004
On Tuesday September 21 2004 10:33, Jan Wieck wrote:

> The other way around ... on the subscribers (slaves), the subscribed
> tables have their triggers and rules parked on their PK index OID ...
> which is ugly and eggebeh and pfui, but it's the way it is for now. So
> simply dropping the replication schema will leave the slave database in
> an inconsistent state.

When I drop the slave's replication schema, "pg_dump -s foo" does not show
any trace whatsoever of any slony schema, triggers, etc.  I would have
expected the dependency to show up in the dump.  What am I missing?  Here's
what I'm doing:

cluster name = replication;
node 1 admin conninfo = 'user=db1dba host=localhost port=9801 dbname=foo';
node 2 admin conninfo = 'user=db2dba host=localhost port=9802 dbname=foo';
init cluster ( id = 1, comment = 'Master' );
create set ( id = 1, origin = 1, comment = 'All tables' );

set add table (
    id = 13135204, set id = 1, origin = 1,
    fully qualified name = 'public.foo',
    comment = 'Table public.foo'
);

store node ( id = 2, comment = 'Slave' );
store path ( server = 1, client = 2, conninfo = 'user=db1dba host=localhost
port=9801 dbname=foo' );
store path ( server = 2, client = 1, conninfo = 'user=db2dba host=localhost
port=9802 dbname=foo' );
store listen ( origin = 1, provider = 1, receiver = 2 );
store listen ( origin = 2, provider = 2, receiver = 1 );
subscribe set ( id = 1, provider = 1, receiver = 2, forward = no);

Ed