cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info cbbrowne
Wed Oct 27 20:58:20 PDT 2004
> Hi there -- new to this game.
>
> I am faced with having to replicate a db from a RH6.0 box to a FreeBSD
> 4.9 box. Latest stable release of postgres and slony.
>
> I run into an error where there appears to be hard coded paths that
> assume that postgres and/or slony is always installed in the same place
> on master and slave:

That shouldn't be the case; I set up an instance today where the database
was hosted on AIX where there be "many funky paths" because we're working
on HACMP, but all of the 'visible lifting' (e.g. - running slonik, running
slons) takes place on Linux with a very different filesystem layout.

There never was an issue because each system wanted to have functions and
such in '$libdir/', which was in the appropriate places in each case.

I'd hazard the guess that you have two copies of PostgreSQL installed on
one of those machines, and that the compiled instance that's running isn't
the one that has Slony-I support compiled into it.