Christopher Browne cbbrowne
Fri Oct 22 19:24:37 PDT 2004
Matthew Wild <M.Wild at rl.ac.uk> writes:
> On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, Ed L. wrote:
>
>> On Friday October 22 2004 8:20, Matthew Wild wrote:
>> >
>> > I'm trying to get slony working on a Tru64 master running postgres 7.3.7
>> > replicating to a Linux slave running postgres 7.4.5 and have been held up
>> > by the threadsafe-libpq problem. Is there a patch available for 7.3.7?
>> > Would going to 7.4.5 help, or does that still need patching?
>>
>> What specific indicators of a threadsafe-libpq problem are you seeing?  Can
>> you post error message or the like so others can tell if they're
>> experiencing the same thing?
>>

> I get this continually repeating on the master node.
>
> ERROR remoteListenThread_2: "select ev_origin, ev_seqno, ev_timestamp,
> ev_minxid, ev_maxxid, ev_xip, ev_t ype, ev_data1, ev_data2, ev_data3,
> ev_data4, ev_data5, ev_data6, ev_data7, ev_data8 from "_w
> dc_digisondes".sl_event e where (e.ev_origin = '2' and e.ev_seqno > '0')
> order by e.ev_origin, e.ev_seqno" - could not r eceive data from server:
> Successful
>
> The slave is sitting there reporting nothing after this
>
> CONFIG storeSubscribe: sub_set=1 sub_provider=1 sub_forward='f'

I have seen the following message on Solaris when there was a mismatch
vis-a-vis linking to the proper threaded libraries:

DEBUG1 remoteListenThread_1: connected to 'host=host004 dbname=pgbenchrep user=postgres port=5432'
ERROR  remoteListenThread_1: "select ev_origin, ev_seqno, ev_timestamp,        ev_minxid, ev_maxxid, ev_xip,        ev_type,        ev_data1, ev_data2,        ev_data3, ev_data4,        ev_data5, ev_data6,        ev_data7, ev_data8 from "_pgbenchtest".sl_event e where (e.ev_origin = '1' and e.ev_seqno > '1') order by e.ev_origin, e.ev_seqno" - could not receive data from server: Operation now in progress

You sure seem to have hit the threading issue.

I'm not sure what the solution will be, but it's useful to at least
track down where the error lies...
--
"cbbrowne","@","ca.afilias.info"
<http://dev6.int.libertyrms.com/>