Matthew Wild M.Wild
Fri Oct 22 15:45:34 PDT 2004
On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, Ed L. wrote:

> On Friday October 22 2004 8:20, Matthew Wild wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying to get slony working on a Tru64 master running postgres 7.3.7
> > replicating to a Linux slave running postgres 7.4.5 and have been held up
> > by the threadsafe-libpq problem. Is there a patch available for 7.3.7?
> > Would going to 7.4.5 help, or does that still need patching?
>
> What specific indicators of a threadsafe-libpq problem are you seeing?  Can
> you post error message or the like so others can tell if they're
> experiencing the same thing?

I get this continually repeating on the master node.

ERROR remoteListenThread_2: "select ev_origin, ev_seqno, ev_timestamp,
ev_minxid, ev_maxxid, ev_xip, ev_t ype, ev_data1, ev_data2, ev_data3,
ev_data4, ev_data5, ev_data6, ev_data7, ev_data8 from "_w
dc_digisondes".sl_event e where (e.ev_origin = '2' and e.ev_seqno > '0')
order by e.ev_origin, e.ev_seqno" - could not r eceive data from server:
Successful

The slave is sitting there reporting nothing after this

CONFIG storeSubscribe: sub_set=1 sub_provider=1 sub_forward='f'

Regards

Matthew
--
Matthew Wild                       Tel.: +44 (0)1235 445173
M.Wild at rl.ac.uk                    URL http://www.wdc.rl.ac.uk/