Jan Wieck JanWieck
Fri Oct 22 12:27:53 PDT 2004
On 10/22/2004 12:46 AM, Justin Clift wrote:

> Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> <snip>
>> Actually, Justin, I think it _does_ suggest it.  The note was that
>> one didn't want the announcement to hit "all (the other) mailing
>> lists".  I think it fair to understand that, if you put it on the web
>> page, it'll hit the other lists.  What was the big hurry, anyway?
>
> WTF?  The annoucement was on the Slony friggin home page!  If that
> doesn't say "pick me pick me" then WTF does?
>
> And there wasn't any hurry.  I just checked out the Slony home page
> after a week of not doing so, found out that 1.0.4 had been announced
> and did my duty of putting it on the PG home page because no one else had.

Okay, is was my fault to put everything on gborg, where only a sucking
web interface exists and nobody ever knows if, when and how performant
the damned thing is available, into place well in advance.

But do you really think we did not send out any email on any mailing
list whatsoever because we forgot to? If everyone was sitting tight
waiting for Justin to do his duty, why didn't anybody ask you to do so?

Jan