j slony
Mon Oct 18 22:54:23 PDT 2004
Alan Hodgson wrote:
  > You haven't initialized the cluster schema in the slave database
with slonik's
> STORE NODE command, which probably means you haven't setup the paths and
> listeners you will also need.

Is this a bug with the FreeBSD port then?  Because apparently the
slony_master_setup.sh script is supposed to do all that for you.  Here
is what it tells me:

The setup script was saved as '/home/slony/slony_master_setup.sh'.  This
script must be executed on the master as the "slony" system user.  If
all goes well, Slony-I will be setup.  If not, errors should be reported
in '/home/slony/slony_setup.log'.

Additionally, a data dump of all data collected by this script has been
stored in the file '/home/slony/slony_dump'.  You might want to save
this file if you want to run this script again with many of the same
values.  A subsequent run of slony_setup.pl looks for the dumpfile in
the working target directory.  This dump file only contains the server
names and login credentials for now.  Since it contains sensitive
information, it should be safe-guarded.

You must also run the following command(s) on each slave as the "slony"
system user.  These commands should be also set to start and stop when
PostgreSQL starts and stops:

slon T1 dbname=bb 2> /home/slony/slon-bb.err 1> /home/slony/slon-bb.out &

-j