Alan Hodgson ahodgson
Mon Oct 18 22:49:00 PDT 2004
On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 02:37:16PM -0700, j wrote:

> I recently installed the Slony FreeBSD port, all is well until I run the
> following on the Slave:
>
> slon T1 dbname=bb 2> /home/slony/slon-bb.err 1> /home/slony/slon-bb.out &
>
> Which gives me:
>
> ERROR  cannot get sl_local_node_id - ERROR:  schema "_T1" does not exist
> FATAL  main: Node is not initialized properly
>
> Any ideas?

You haven't initialized the cluster schema in the slave database with slonik's
STORE NODE command, which probably means you haven't setup the paths and
listeners you will also need.

--
"Pulling together is the aim of despotism and tyranny. Free men pull in all
kinds of directions." -- Terry Pratchett