Darcy Buskermolen darcy
Sat Nov 20 20:44:23 PST 2004
On November 20, 2004 12:30 pm, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> 'k, thanks to Darcy's help, I think I've got it all worked out ... and
> I've finally clued into why everyone refers to it as a subscriber, instead
> of slave ...
>
> But, next step I'm not sure about, not so much from the initial setup side
> of things, since that is fairly straightforward, but on a reboot ...
>
> According to how I'm reading the README file, both the subscriber and
> master servers need to be running before I can issue the subscribe set
> command ... at least, assuming I'm reading it right ...
>
> Basically, according to the README, I need to start 'slon' up on the
> master, and 'slon' up on the subscriber, and then on the master I need to
> run run the 'subscribe set' command, which, based on the example, makes a
> connection to both master/subscriber and then "links" them, it seems ...
>
> But, what if the subscriber is rebooted?  Do I have to monitor this from
> the master side and re-issue the subscribe set command to get them going
> again?  *Or* is the subscribe set only run *once* when  you first bring on
> the subscriber, so that if the subscriber is rebooted, the only thing that
> is needed is to run the 'slon' command on the subscriber for it to pick
> up/replicate from master again?

Once the note is completely subscribed, you don't need to reissue the
subscribe. even after a reboot yadda yadda yadda..
for example try this;
 kill the slon processes on the subsriber and orign.  go for coffee (let some
updates happen ect)  then start up the slons again.  and watch them sync up..

> ----
> Email: scrappy at hub.org           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

Darcy Buskermolen
Wavefire Technologies Corp.