Jan Wieck JanWieck
Wed Nov 3 15:12:44 PST 2004
On 11/3/2004 4:12 AM, J?r?mie LOPEZ wrote:

> As I still have problems installing the 1.0.5 (I even tried to install it on
> another PostgreSQL server - a 7.3.4 one - and get the same error message?
> could my server lack some module/library?), I wanted to try upgrading from
> 1.0.2 at least to 1.0.4 or even 1.0.3, but it seems those versions are not
> downloadable (permission denied on
> http://developer.postgresql.org/~wieck/slony1/download
> <http://developer.postgresql.org/~wieck/slony1/download> )...

They are not intended to be downloadable because those releases have
been withdrawn. They would make no difference with respect to the
upgrade procedure anyway.

You said you have an installation with 2 PostgreSQL servers on the same
machine. Does that mean that you have 2 complete separate PostgreSQL
installations, with separate bin, share and lib directories? If so, you
also need to have the PostgreSQL source trees for both installs and need
to configure and install Slony 2 times (one for each PG install), so
that the shared modules of Slony get installed into both PostgreSQL lib
directories.

Jan