Thomas F.O'Connell tfo
Tue Jul 27 17:15:51 PDT 2004
I don't know whether this will be an item to be addressed by slony, but
I think it's worth mentioning: The default keys added by TABLE ADD KEY
seem to be constrained by the length of the table name.

I'm getting this error:

<stdin>:7: PGRES_FATAL_ERROR select "_slony".setAddTable(1, 7499,
'public.really_long_name_for_a_postgres_table_1',
'really_long_name_for_a_postgres_table_1__Slony-I_slony_rowID_ke',
'public.really_long_name_for_a_postgres_table_1');  - ERROR:  Slony-I:
setAddTable(): table public.really_long_name_for_a_postgres_table_1 has
no index
really_long_name_for_a_postgres_table_1__Slony-I_slony_rowID_ke
CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function "setaddtable" line 37 at perform

Even though TABLE ADD KEY is recommended only as a last resort, this
could be a severely limiting factor for installations with long table
names that can't add UNIQUE NOT NULL constraints to their existing
tables.

-tfo